Thursday 28 August 2008

Something I should never have bought...WeSC Oboe Headphones


I was in Bath one time and I went into Detour Skatestore with my friend Oli and saw these amazing headphones. They were expensive yes but I love my music and I felt the need to get them. Obviously being the let down I am I had no money at the time so I planned to come back another time and purchase them. A few weeks later, Oli had ordered a pair and they had turned up so next time I saw him I asked for a listen. The quality was crazy. It felt like you were really there, watching your favourite artists in concert! And the bass! I mean, they are only headphones I know, but if you are passionate about music you will know its all in the quality. So next time I was in Bath, conveniently my mum had taken me in to buy some clothes. So I begged and begged and begged and she gave in and got me them. Man I was proud. They were great. As soon as I got home I went and got my iPod and started listening to music. I could fill a room with music from them they played so loud, and they never distorted. But a week later, I started realising my mistakes. I couldn't take them to school, they were just too big, you never wanted to take them off, they made you anti-social and I dont think they worked that well with my iPod. It sounded like one side was louder or had more bass than the other. But when plugged into Oli's Walkman they didnt seem to have this problem.

And then it happened. In town, I had them around my neck playing, not really loud at all, I had taken them off to play catch for a bit. About an hour later I decided to listen to them and realise something was not right. They were playing on what sounded like half power and no bass at all! I tried lots of different methods checking, if it was a dodgy connection or my iPod, but no it was the headphones. After all the effort I'd gone to and all the time I'd waited...they had broken. I realised that they were actually a waste of money. Forty five pounds, large, uncomfortable sometimes, inpractical and they blew after a week. Yet my friends had no problems with theirs. Stu's were 3 years old, Toff's looked pretty ghetto and Oli's were coming up 6 months. I'm hoping I was unlucky because I love WeSC clothing and their products. I hope this is an isoloted incident as I wouldn't like to think that WeSC's quality control and manufacturing methods being made cheaper. So that concludes my assignment, get the WeSC streets instead!

8 comments:

Lauren Walls said...

Your headphones sound dissapointing and you have adressed the issues you found very well. I also like the style you have written this in.

roxy edwards said...

your language is very well writen and i like the way you have gone into detail about the feeling the headphones gave you and the leading up to buying the product.

Fox said...

you ought to write a novel. nice story, tragic ending. described you emotions well. i almost feel sorry for you. :(

Matt Parr said...

Nice story, but a shame about the headphones!

Knightie said...

jack
you have identified some realistic problems and design faults, well done.
You need to avoid unnecessary information like how you begged your Mum. Also try not to be too chatty in essay writing.
Overall though a good start.

Cheeseman said...

unluky jack. good description though.A**

The Prince Of Cats said...

those headphones look horrible why would you want them anyway?

well written tho

Knightie said...

Some very brief notes jack. Can you post your notes for woods and metals please.